Sunday, February 1, 2009

hi im joshua and recently ive been hiking in the blue ridge mountains. and right now im going to tell you all about it. first off when we started we where driving through familiar territory. but as we got into the foot hills I noticed that things were getting much less suburban . and more local. and the area was getting more like mountain foot hills. we stopped to get some apple butter from a local farm. we got moving again soon the foot hills turned into the base of the mountain. we drove up the mountain. Small heights turned into amazing sights. at one point we got out and took pictures and we got on our way as we drove we saw more and more breath taking sights. this was repeated many times until finally we got to our trail. now the prep was pretty fast and we were on the trail. now I was probably the most prepared (partly because I looked forward to it most). but not to brag we got under way. We started right by a small stream. pretty soon it grew into a river and as we progressed there were pools of water and in that water ( much to my amazement) was fish!. Not only that but they were very close for they were much tamer than wild lake fish that im used to. now these fish were I believe were brown river salmon. By now We were taking frequent breaks for water and rest. by Now we were very tired the older folks decided to stay behind and meet back at the parking lot. me and others pressed on to see the water fall. the water fall was very breath taking it was around 50 ft high. we started back and found the older folk still resting. so we joined up and headed for the parking lot. on our way we saw a deer at most 17 feet away I was dumbfounded. I couldn’t believe it. it dawned on me that animals here in the parks were very used to humans. we got to the parking lot and went home. We got home around five o clock.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Joshua,

You made that sound so interesting that I wish I could go see that waterfall. Do you know the name of it?

Mrs. O'Hara

Ron said...

Joshua:

Hey, nice post!

BTW, who are these "older folk" you kept mentioning?

Oh, wait...

Pop